|greening back up!|
Strung together an 18-mile loop despite a most excellent 16-mile gps track from Stagewest. For the uninitiated, it's waaaay too easy to get lost out there.
|siesta at mile 9|
Which proved a big, big ride for this hombre, what with most all the technical stuff showing up at the tail-end of the loop. Thx for that SW, I owe you one my friend! No really, I OWE you one. ;-)
|fuel for the two wheel drive|
Sheared the front valve stem off at mile 14, promptly suffered fleeting panic at the thought of my camelbak empty with no spare tube. Frantic search, yes!, my spare remained stowed safely away this past year or more, just waiting to be called to duty. Thank dog!
|fortune smiles on the prepared|
Made it back to the truck, camelbak drained, after 4.5 hours in the field.
|temps into mid 90's, luving the ponderosa canopy|
Sank deep into the front seat, A/C blasting, totally and absolutely smoked.
- Keva Juice, small, with kevajizer
- Purchase replacement tube, thornproof, slimefilled, promptly stowed away for next emergency
- nectarine, perfectly ripe
- banana, slightly bruised
- rice bowl complete with stir fried veggies, BBQ chicken.
- three pieces Pizza 9, delux
- bowl of apple crisp cobbler
- family movie night and to bed by 9