A fact of life: you can't stop a kid from growin. To wit, time to cast about for new steeds for both our young racers.
Found a great deal online for Will the Thrill, to set him up into his first 26" wheeled rig.
- 13" alum frame, 29 pounds all told. Saves 7# off his steel 24" wheeled Schwinn.
- 24 speeds, deore rear derailleur
- 80mm front fork, adjustable, lockout
- Mechanical disc brakes
- WTB saddle, rims
- all wrapped into a stealth black frame- Noice!
It shipped straight from an online retailer, cuts the LBS middle man and requisite markups.
Saves Team Heitman a good bit of cabbage, all the more important considering we need to stretch our pesos on into another more qualifying 29er for Shredder.
Setup is a snap:
- Unbox & unwrap
- Set wheels
- Install handlebars
- Connect front brake cabling, adjust brakes.
- Install pedals
- Adjust saddle, shifters, bars to fit.
- Shifts great right out of the box!
The boy absolutely loves it. Loves the weight savings, the big mo' offered by the 'big' hoops, the all-stealth package. Customized it right away with a gold Poison Spider sticker he's been saving for the better part of two years for just this occasion. Wooot!
Roll on Dude!